Sunday 1 April 2012

Put that toilet seat down?


When I first moved in with my boyfriend I had certain expectations. After always hearing complaints of a ‘put that toilet seat down’ nature I was awaiting to humourously chastise my partner the first time it happened. We have lived together for 2 months and so far I have not once come across an upright seat. Is he just trying to impress me in the beginning of our house sharing adventure?

But the more I think about it the more I wonder if I have ever had a problem with it. After living with my brother for 2 years and countless male flatmates through University as well as previous relationships I don’t think I have ever had to put a toilet seat down. Although I am familier with that heart stopping moment when you sit on the toilet and drop further than expected, but only when the seat was completely missing or broken.

Is it all a myth? I have always had the opinion that it shouldn’t matter if the toilet seat is up or down just move it back to your preferred location. There is no need for permanent chivalry in my life, not that i don’t enjoy it, it is just not expected. So boys and men, have you been conditioned into always leaving that seat down or have you developed your aim well enough that movement is not even required?

There is no real conclusion to this post, just a wondering. Apologies for the toilet based post, but as I am still in the excitement of the first house shared with a partner and I am learning new things every day, so expect more of the same.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment